Top 12 Flooring Stores
in Columbus, OH
If you're looking to find a great floor covering store in Columbus you're on the right track. Flooring is a significant investment in your home that you'll have to live with it for a long time, so be sure you do your research and select a flooring dealer that's a perfect match for your floor covering project.
Below is a list of potential floor covering stores in and around Columbus to consider. We have provided some background information about each company. (Click on READ FULL REVIEW for more information) However, you should give each of them a call and ask for testimonials from previous customers. Experience and expertise should play a role in which floor covering company you ultimately select. Quality of materials, lower or comparable prices, and excellent references will all make a significant difference in finding the perfect floor covering store in Columbus, Ohio.
How to choose the top flooring stores in Columbus, Ohio?
If you're interested in purchasing carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate, or vinyl flooring, the first step to any successful flooring project is to partner with the best local flooring store in Columbus. All floor stores will advertise the best service and best flooring brands, but how can you be sure you're selecting the right store? Follow these tips to find an exceptional local flooring store in Columbus, Ohio.
- Look for a flooring store that has been in Columbus for a while.
- To get the most from your flooring retailer, they need to be around before, during, and after the sale. Approximately half of all flooring stores in Columbus fail in the first five years. While being a new business doesn't mean that a flooring dealer isn't reliable, being in business for awhile means they've earned the trust of consumers in Columbus and the surrounding communities. Plus, a well-established flooring store is often concerned with repeat business. Check out these flooring stores for the most years of service: Beechwold Hardware (79 Years) | Big Bob's Flooring Outlet (77 Years) | Evans Junkyard Inc (67 Years) | Panel Town & More (56 Years) | Dealers Lumber Company (50 Years) | Skunza's Floor Show Inc (48 Years) | Just Floors (47 Years) | Southwestern Tile & Marble (46 Years) | Levi's 4 Floors (37 Years) | Budget Carpet & Flooring (35 Years) | Budget Carpet & Flooring (35 Years).
- Ask around. Many friends and neighbors have likely worked with a flooring dealer in Columbus.
- People are eager to tell others about both their good and bad experiences, and a positive referral can go a long way. Although, be wary of online testimonials about flooring stores. An angry employee or dishonest competitor could post a negative review about a flooring store posing as an dissatisfied customer. If you do go online, start with reviews and testimonials from the most credible sites, such as Angies List, Home Advisor, and Houzz.
- Verify professional flooring certifications and associations.
- When a flooring store has a certification or association with a national organization, it means they're committed to knowing the latest flooring trends and flooring installation techniques. You can fine tune your search for a local flooring store on World Floor Covering Association's site . Major national flooring brands may also certify floor dealers in installation of their flooring products, another distinction to look for in a flooring dealer. Check out these flooring stores that are members of a professional associations: Levi's 4 Floors.
- Check with the local Columbus Better Business Bureau.
- Flooring stores that affiliate with the BBB adhere to BBB's professional standards. BBB's proprietary rating system represent their degree of confidence that the flooring dealer is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns. Check out these flooring stores that have an excellent BBB Rating: Big Bob's Flooring Outlet (A+ Accredited Rating).Accreditation is by invitation only. Pinellas County firms are eligible to join only if they meet Better Business Bureau Standards for business performance.
- Check out flooring buying groups.
- Some independent flooring dealers will unite together into a national flooring buying group in order to get bulk discounts from flooring manufacturers and share in marketing expenses. Buying groups usually private label their products so it is more difficult to do comparative shopping which can sometimes lead to higher pricing for consumers, and it may also limit the store's selection of flooring products. But if peace of mind and a quality flooring installation is your biggest priority, a buying group may be a good option for you. Each store is usually very professional because the reputation of the whole group is on the line.Check out these flooring stores that are members of a national buying group: Abbey Carpet of Columbus.
- Let your fingers do the talking.
- No, we're not talking about the phone book anymore. Use your connections on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google to ask about local flooring Pinellas County contractors. These social sites are word-of-mouth advertising on overdrive. Remember, though, to use what you learn on these sites as a starting point for doing your own research to find the best flooring store in Columbus, Ohio. Check out these flooring stores that are on social media: Beechwold Hardware | Big Bob's Flooring Outlet | Budget Carpet & Flooring | We Do Floors II.
- Ask for details about the best brands and products for the Ohio market.
- If you're shopping for flooring, chances are good that you have some ideas about the types of carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate, or vinyl flooring you want. An exceptional flooring dealer will be able to answer your questions about style, function, durability, and price. While you want a flooring shop that has a large variety of flooring brands and products, you also want someone who can help you select the best flooring option for your specific design goals and functional needs. These flooring stores have a large selection of flooring brands to choose from: Just Floors (66 Brands) | Levi's 4 Floors (47 Brands) | Legacy Commercial Flooring (47 Brands) | America's Floor Source (48 Brands) | GGC Flooring (32 Brands) | JP Flooring Systems Inc (28 Brands) | Budget Carpet & Flooring (20 Brands) | Rite Rug (19 Brands) | Rite Rug (19 Brands) | A'Jack Flooring (19 Brands) | Panel Town & More (13 Brands).
- Inquire about credit and financing.
- Many flooring retailers have relationships with financial institutions that allow them to offer credit and financing on your floor purchase. Taking advantage of these special deals can help you stretch your flooring budget further by paying for a portion of your purchase down the road.
- Find out about commercial flooring offerings.
- Not all flooring dealers in Columbus, Ohio are able to handle a commercial flooring project. If your needs are for commercial flooring, be sure you're working with a full service flooring contractor that offers project management from planning to installation. Ask for details about how the flooring contractor will deal with Pinellas County permits and work with other contractors.
- Expect a professional flooring installation.
- When it comes to flooring installation expertise, not all flooring stores in Columbus are created equal. Ask specific questions about the experience of the installers, whether they work for the flooring store or are contractors, how they're bonded and insured in Pinellas County, and what kind of guarantees and support come with the installation. Flooring installation is just as important as the flooring option you choose, so make sure your flooring dealer can exceed your expectations.
- Consider the extra perks.
- When it comes to selecting the top flooring store in Columbus, Ohio, we've given you several areas to consider. Other benefits you should look for in a flooring dealer include the distance from your home, convenience of the location, shop at home service, free estimates, free padding for carpet, free removal of old carpet, customer service reputation, ownership either by a local owner or a family, factory direct pricing, expert advice, staffed showroom, fully licensed and insured, competitive or discounted prices, sales and rebates, price guarantee, on-time delivery promises, and availability of environmentally safe products. Check out these flooring stores in Columbus, Ohio for extra reasons to buy: Budget Carpet & Flooring | Fab Glass & Mirror | GGC Flooring | Just Floors.
The Top Stores Nearby:Not Looking for a flooring contractor in Columbus, OH? If you are looking for flooring dealer in a different city in Ohio, here are some popular suggestions:
Flooring : Area Rugs | Carpeting | Ceramic & Porcelain Tile | Laminate Flooring | Luxury Vinyl Flooring | Vinyl & Resilient Flooring | Waterproof Flooring | Wood Flooring